What your ENT specialists in Stafford and Fredericksburg, VA want you to know.
If you are missing out on conversations because you can’t hear, it can be frustrating. Hearing loss can also lead to decreased self-esteem and self-confidence, but it doesn’t have to. You can restore your hearing with hearing aids. Today’s hearing aids come in many types and your ear, nose, and throat specialists at Ear, Nose & Throat & Facial Plastic Surgery Center of Fredericksburg in Stafford and Fredericksburg, VA want to introduce you to the different types of hearing aids.
Scheduling a hearing screening is an important first step to restore your hearing. A hearing screening determines your level of hearing loss and which hearing aid might be right for you. You should schedule a hearing screening as soon as possible if you experience:
- Problems distinguishing words from noise in the background
- Hearing muffled speech and sounds instead of distinct words and noises
- Problems hearing consonants in spoken words
- Needing those around you to speak more loudly and clearly
After a hearing screening, if you’ve been found to have hearing loss, your doctors at Ear, Nose & Throat & Facial Plastic Surgery Center of Fredericksburg will offer a selection of hearing aids, each with their own benefits. Consider:
- CIC hearing aids which are the most discreet because they fit completely in your ear canal; CIC hearing aids are smaller, so they don’t have a directional microphone or volume control.
- ITE hearing aids have a volume control and loop over your outer ear, making them more visible than CIC hearing aids.
- BTE hearing aids which are the largest hearing aid; they provide excellent sound quality and loop over the top of your ear and behind your ear.
You don’t have to miss out on conversations or sounds of the wonderful world around you. If you are losing your hearing, it’s time to bring back the joy by looking into hearing aids. It’s time to call your ear, nose, and throat specialists at Ear, Nose & Throat & Facial Plastic Surgery Center of Fredericksburg in Fredericksburg, VA to schedule a hearing screening. They have three convenient office locations in Stafford and Fredericksburg, VA to serve you so call today!