How your otolaryngologists and ENT specialists in Fredericksburg, and Stafford, VA, can help when you have tinnitus
Ringing in your ears is also known as tinnitus, and it can drive you crazy! The continuous buzzing sound can make it difficult to concentrate or think of anything else. Fortunately, your ENT specialist and otolaryngologist can help.
The otolaryngologists at Ear, Nose & Throat & Facial Plastic Surgery Center offer a wide range of ear, nose, and throat services, including tinnitus treatment and hearing aids. They have several convenient office locations in Fredericksburg, and Stafford, VA, to help you.
Over 50 million people in the United States suffer from tinnitus. If you are one of them, you deserve to know the facts about the causes and treatment of tinnitus or ringing in your ears.
Ringing in your ears can be caused by a number of factors, including:
- Earwax buildup
- Hearing loss due to aging
- Excessive exposure to loud noise
- High blood pressure or atherosclerosis
- Diuretic or antibiotic medications
- Sclerosis of your middle ear bones
- TMJ issues or trauma to your neck or head
When you have tinnitus, ringing in your ears is just one symptom. Other signs and symptoms include:
- Hearing a whistling or buzzing in your ears
- Dizziness and loss of balance
- Problems concentrating and focusing
Treatment begins with a hearing test to diagnose tinnitus. Your ENT specialist may also want imaging studies which can include an MRI or CT scan. Imaging can help determine if there is a structural problem within your ear.
Common professional treatments to stop ringing in your ears include:
- Hearing aids to decrease or eliminate tinnitus symptoms
- Cochlear implants to restore any hearing loss from tinnitus
- Sound therapy, to help reduce background noise
- TMJ treatment to reduce or eliminate tinnitus due to TMJ
- Cognitive therapy, meditation, or relaxation techniques
You don’t have to suffer from ringing in your ears. Relief is just a phone call away. To learn more about tinnitus treatment and other ENT services, including hearing aids, call the otolaryngologists and ENT specialists of Ear, Nose & Throat & Facial Plastic Surgery Center, with offices in Fredericksburg, and Stafford, VA, at (540) 371-1226. Call today!